Public education and outreach is a priority of Berthoud Fire Protection District. Our District strives to make the community a safer place by providing many fire awareness and safety programs, and educational opportunities.
Our Public Education events include “Firefighter for a Day” camps, the Smoke Trailer program for all 1st graders in Berthoud, participation in the Safety Fair, Berthoud Day, Oktoberfest, Parade of Lights, National Night Out, station tours, ride-a-longs, safety talks, etc. Our crews are available to schedule tour of the firehouse and school visits to provide fire safety demonstrations to the community.
To see what our firefighters do every day, schedule a station tour by calling (970) 532 – 2264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. On your tour you’ll see where firefighters live, eat, train and what they do to prepare for an emergency.
These tours are ideal for a family outing, community groups, school field trips or anyone interested in the fire service as a career.
- Tours are available weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend or after hours tours are available upon request.
- One weeks’ notice is preferred to schedule a station tour.
- The firefighters may end a tour prematurely, start a tour late or cancel one entirely in order to respond to an emergency. In the event a tour ends prematurely or cancelled, the station tour will be rescheduled.
- Groups with children must provide an adequate number of chaperones.
- No outside food or drink is allowed in the stations.