We’re Hiring – Reserve Firefighters
Applications Accepted April 17, 2023 – June 4, 2023
Berthoud Firefighters aren’t just a number. You will be an essential part of our mission.
We pride ourselves on hiring from within. Since 2020, twelve Reserve firefighters have been hired full-time.
Our firefighters average over 350 hours of training annually, and last year we responded to approximately 2,000 calls for service out of our 2 stations.
Reserve Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
An individual shall meet and/or possess by the application closing date:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Current CPAT certificate*
- Firefighter 1 (State of Colorado or Equivalent)
- Hazmat Operations (State of Colorado or Equivalent)
The applicant will also require the ability to successfully pass a physical/medical evaluation and criminal background and driving record check.
- CPR – Basic Life Support (BLS)
- EMT – Basic
*Local CPAT testing resources available at Aims Community College
Additional Information and Requirements:
Reserve Firefighters will respond to alarms and participate at either Berthoud Fire’s Station 61 and/or Station 62. To maintain active status and be eligible for the stipend, Reserve Firefighters must:
- work a minimum of thirty-six (36) hours of shift time per month, and
- complete a minimum of three (3) hours of fire-related Company training per month
Compensation and Benefits Information:
Reserve Firefighters receive a monthly stipend equating to over $6,000 annually. The Reserve Firefighter receives employer paid life/AD&D insurance, access to Employee Assistance Programs, flexible scheduling, training opportunities, all equipment/gear provided, and use of Berthoud Rec Center.
Tentative Process Timeline:
|June 4, 2023||Application Deadline|
|June 14, 2023||Skills Assessment|
|June 21, 2023||Oral Boards|
|June 22, 2023||Conditional Offers Extended|
|June 26-30, 2023||Uniform Fittings|
|June 26-July 14, 2023||Pre-Employment Screenings|
|July 29, 2023||Orientation|
|August 2023||First Shifts Scheduled|
To apply, the following documents must be submitted/uploaded through the website:
- Application Form
- Background Disclosure & Authorization Form
- Worker’s Compensation Release Form **
- Current Firefighter I Certification (State of Colorado or equivalent)***
- Current Hazmat Operations Certification (State of Colorado or equivalent)***
- Current CPAT
- Other Desirable Certifications (if applicable)
**Worker’s Compensation Release Form must be notarized. Applicants may bring the form to the skills assessment on June 14th to have notarized by one of BFPD‘s staff members.
***Fire academy students may provide proof of successfully completing testing if certificates have not yet been received.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email Chief of Staff Jill Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You must be logged in to post a comment.