To register Click HERE
Berthoud Fire is opening wide it’s fire engine red doors to the community. We are giving citizens a chance to see first-hand how their fire service aims to give the highest quality service to maintain the safety of this community, and provide excellent and effective help in time of greatest need.
Our first Citizen’s Academy will be held this fall and will be an eye-opening experience to all who participate. Fire Chief Stephen Charles and all the staff at the Fire District invite you to take part in this amazing opportunity to learn about the operations, skills, values, roles and responsibilities of the District staff. You as a citizen will have the opportunity to ask questions, get to know our firefighting staff, and become informed citizens about complexities the fire service faces.
This 7-week long academy will be held once a week on Wednesday nights. The engaging weekly courses will include informative classroom sessions and exciting hands-on demonstrations.
- Session 1: Meet the Command and Operational staff of your fire service, get a tour of both stations, and learn about the overall operations of a fire department.
- Session 2: Learn from our firefighters the skills, hazards, and approaches to motor vehicle accidents.
- Session 3: Learn about fire behavior and see a demonstration of a house fire and the tactics used by firefighters.
- Session 4: We will demonstrate the relationship between the many inter-agency partnerships with law enforcement, paramedics, and dispatch.
- Session 5: Presentations will be from our Peer Support Counselor and Larimer Emergency Telephone Authority.
- Session 6: Hear from our expert wild-land, dive, and rescue crews about the scope of their responsibility.
- Session 7: We will detail hazmat and emergency medical operations.
- Field day: Firefighting activities including spraying a fire hose, operating a fire truck, a bunker gear obstacle course, and climbing a truck ladder!!!!
The Citizen’s Academy is for Berthoud residents or business owners, age 18 and older. A fee of $30 will help cover the cost of materials, a t-shirt, and lunch on the field day. Classes will be held Wednesdays September 5 through October 17th from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. And one Saturday field day on October 20th from 9:00 am to 1:00 p.m. All classes will take place at station 1 or 2 in Berthoud.
Seats are extremely limited so sign up early.